1.17.2013

Getting Nostalgic

For the past 11 days we have been living right off Hollywood Blvd. on Cherokee Street. It's weird and touristy and dirty but it has grown on me. Every day I walk Dan to work along the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It's such a surreal experience. We are leaving this temporary apartment on Saturday. I won't be able to walk Dan to work anymore or dodge weird guys polishing the plaques on Hollywood or see the Capitol Records building each night as we walk home. It has been a strange month and we are certainly ready to be settled but I will definitely miss this.

It feels like we have been in transition forever and don't get me wrong - it will be nice to have a couch again. The apartments here are small and expensive and a little strange but it will only be a year before we are ready to move again into a part of the city that we can call home.











No comments: